We are considering having a contractor refurbish our crawl space with the following changes:
- new black visqueen over the 40-year old visqueen.
- Spray foam or caulking over leaking areas (including under the floor)
- R30 batt insulation attached to the underside of the floor (no additional insulation around the perimeter of the crawl space)
- wrapping the ducts and water pipes with insulation
The crawl space has about 8 casement vents, and seasonally has pooling water (not deep enough to go over top of support pilings). The house is 40 years old, single story.
Do these updates sound reasonable?
Thanks very much.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries