We know that we're working toward finishing this house to sell within the next year or two and are starting our "to do" list to that end.
We completely gutted and redid the kitchen and 1.5 baths (1 full to go). We installed hardwood flooring upstairs and crown molding in almost all of the rooms. The closets have systems in them (elfa in the master walk-in). There's vinyl siding installed, landscaped front and side yard, a new brick path to the front door (which is also new).
What we have left are the areas that are pricy and have little return on the dollar. We'll be able to do 1-2 major projects a year. What would you suggest we start with for buyer appeal?
1. A/C needs to be upgraded
2. Roof has two layers and 5-7 years of life left
3. Driveway is buckled and cracked, as is patio that comes off of it
4. water heater is pathetic in the winter
5. We've thought about fencing in our backyard as it is a corner lot and offers no privacy. Fencing would remove the illusion that it's a large yard (no one attached to our yard has fencing so it all melds together)
6. Is it worth upgrading windows that are 10 years old?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries