Anyways, when I got up there, I was a bit discouraged to find out how hard it is to move around and all the ceiling joists were covered with cellulose (R-30, 8" height). I've got a few questions for the experts out there.
1) Is it safe to disrupt the way the cellulose is laid?
2) I was planning on using a plank of wood so I can walk around. Do I have to clear out the cellulose so my plank of wood directly hits the ceiling joist?
3) Is it safe to leave my plank of woods up there?
4) Any other precaution I should take? I wear dust mask and goggles and I have 2 workshop lights w/ a 100ft extension cords.
5) Is it safe to split my cable line with a cable splitter screwed on the ceiling joist without an electrical box?