oh yeah, ball of fire i am, hahaha.
well, after MUCH time spent doing a million other things, i got back to my drainage issue [pretty fast, huh??]
anyway, good news is, i let the rock i dug out sit long enough it cleaned itself [amazing pile of dust left over after it all dried out].
ok, here is the update. i bought some 4" pipe with the holes in it, a couple of elbows, some 45 degree 'T' sections and a couple of rubber caps. i set the lenghts of pipe in the trench i had 'excavated', put in a 90 degree T to replace the cobbed in T [and made a house of sorts around it to keep drain rock from falling into the T - my own well engineered cobb job- wink], and set it all so i had a 1/4 bubble off level on a 4' level thru the whole run. i then refilled the trench with my 'self cleaning' rocks. while cleaning up the rest of my mess today finally [did i mention how fast i did this project?], i figured i'd 'pop' the caps off and see how i was doing. at first glance, both 'flush points' looked to be bone dry- yet i had good flow at the sump hole [scratch head here and look confused], upon further investigation i found the water to be flowing like a champ from start to finish! there is a bit of sediment at the bottom of the pipe, but the water is running clear [that's what threw me, so i 'stirred' the sediment, and saw the flow].
i have yet to 'concrete' over the trench, as i wanted to wait to see what was going to happen over time. i must say i think i 'got it' [big smile here], and in the next few weeks, i'll cover it up with concrete to finish it off.
i probably should have dug the whole thing out deeper, but i think what i have done will work ok, especially with the smooth pipe, rather than that convoluted junk. i also installed 2 flush points, one at the beginning of the run, and one 1/2 way thru, so periodically i can flush it all down the line, but i think now that i have a consistant 'downward' flow [rather than the rollercoaster path i had], it may not load up like it used to.
once completely done, i'll post up a pic or two.
thanks again to all that contributed to my dilema, you were all a huge help!
also, it seems like since i started this i did 20 other 'projects' that were higher up on the priority list......
thanks again, and look for pics of the 'finished product' in a week or two...