Latest Discussions : Basement & Foundation

shacks

07:54AM | 06/03/07
Member Since: 06/02/07
1 lifetime posts
When I moved in my house the dishwasher was not set up properly and water soaked the floorboards and flooded the concrete crawl space beneath. I dried it all up and spryed disinfectant. but now 6 months later I'm sneezing and having trouble breathing and think I smell ammonia every time I enter the kitchen. I'm afraid of mold how do I make sure my tile covered floor isn't growing mold and getting me sick???

KingVolcano

11:30AM | 06/03/07
Member Since: 03/03/05
273 lifetime posts
There is a very good chance you have some type of growth. Dish water is often filled with rotting organic material which is prime for bacterial growth.

You should have the area inspected and air quality tested. An inspector can not only take an air sample from your kitchen, but they can also check for moisture under the tile and use a scope to check out other areas.

Since you seem to have health related issues, do not delay.

If you live in New England, send me an email and I can help find someone for you.

Good luck!

kingvolcano@aol.com


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register