11:40PM | 03/29/03
Member Since: 03/29/03
1 lifetime posts
I decided to replace my screens that had holes in them this year.I figured it would be a simple job, but as usual I figured wrong.

I live in an older house (not for sure how old), but everything about it always gives me trouble when doing repairs.I'm beginning to wonder if it was built by professional builders.

The problem I am having is with the spline material in the frames of the window screens.It does not have the usual rubber spline, instead it has a U-shaped piece of aluminum that fits down in the channel of the frame.This aluminum spline bends out of shape when you pry it out of the channel and needs to be replaced.I bought some rubber spline (.160) at a local retailer but it is'nt even close to the right size to keep the screen material in the frames.

Does anybody know where you can buy any of the aluminum U-shaped spline material, or do they make some kind of replacement for it?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Click to reply button
Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

To test the boundaries of small-footprint living, interior designer Jessica Helgerson moved her family to a 540-square-foo... Filling an underutilized area beneath the stairs is a smart way to save space. Doing so with a stash of wood, however, is ... This spacious mudroom just off from the laundry room has plenty of room for tucking towels away and drying off after a dip... Chalkboard paint opens up endless possibilities for customizing your dresser time and time again. Use chalk to label the c... A fireplace in the bathroom creates the ultimate setting for relaxation. Homeowners often choose electric or gas over wood... This roomy boot tray made from punched metal stands up to all the elements. Station it in your mudroom or at your back doo... There’s nothing like a new set of cabinet hardware to refresh a room. The possibilities are endless: Go modern, rustic, or... FLOR tiles are an affordable way to customize a carpeted floor covering for any space. Make anything from runners to wall-... Chalkboard paint features prominently in this elegant yet unpretentious headboard design. Add a new message daily to reflec... Salvaged boards in varying widths and colors make up the dramatic accent wall in this attic space. The high-gloss white of... The indecisive homeowner need not fret over choosing one (or even two) cabinet colors. The kitchen cabinets in this artist... Incorporate nature into your lighting scheme by securing a dead tree in a concrete mold and draping your pendant lamp from... Simple and striking, a couple of pieces of "lovingly used" furniture creates a special kind of charm. A weathered chair fo... First dress up your metal shelves with a coat of paint in an accent color that complements your kitchen decor. Then arrang... Dark wood shelving and a matching upholstered bench keep this closet sleek and refined. The large window brightens the sub...
Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon