Latest Discussions : Windows & Doors


03:34PM | 07/17/03
Member Since: 07/16/03
1 lifetime posts
I am trying to locate something called a cap for the middle metal slider on the bottom of the patio track. Mine is damaged by the door and it is now all wavey. I saw an article stating that instead of having to replace the door or the track, someone has these things that fits right over the damaged track to make it like new. My local home improvement center doesn't carry them and didn't know where to get them. If anyone has heard of this and knows where to get them PLEASE HELP! My door is getting worse everyday. (by the way, it is not the rollers and the door doesn't need adjusting) Any input would be appreciated.


05:16PM | 07/20/03
Member Since: 11/16/02
64 lifetime posts


They sell two types of track caps, small and large, made out of stainless steel.

Good luck,


05:20PM | 07/20/03
Member Since: 11/16/02
64 lifetime posts
Greetings again,

This should bring you to the right site.

Go to "S" and look under stainless steel for sill liners.

Best regards,

[This message has been edited by JasonP (edited July 20, 2003).]


05:49PM | 02/28/07
Member Since: 02/27/07
1 lifetime posts
Those track caps are only a short term fix. You can replace just the bottom aluminum track for around $100.00 in total parts. Contact Track Depot @ I did it and saved around $1200.00.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button