Moisture Problem in Outlet
My house is built in a farmhouse style, 2 story with wrap around porch. The roof area of the porch has soffit, and is common with a roof area that is over a few rooms in my house, and meets my house at the wall upstairs. The roof line is approx. 2 feet above where the floor of my second story is. Found moisture in multiple outlets in the upstairs of my house. Cutting the drywall revealed that the plywood sheeting stops where the roof meets the house. There is basically an open hole between that roof area and my wall. Attached is a picture from the porch looking at part of the area. You can see where the plywood stops and the insulation is exposed. Was wondering if anybody had suggestions for a fix. I had a mold guy inspect because I had mildew/mold behind the outlet covers. The outlets are corroded and condensation can be found on the covers. His suggestion was to remove all the drywall 3 ft and down and place plywood behind studs to block air, sealed with foam. My builder, after taking samples of drywall sees no sign of mold on the drywall. He thinks it would be better to leave drywall and access area another way, and use foam to seal exposed area of wall. Each has a vested interest in their solution, so I am looking for an unbiased opinion?