My house in Lima Peru has 220v. After using laptops for a while, they eventually begin to give nasty shocks. Doesn't matter what brand, model, etc. Eventually they all do it. All the laptops are rated for 110-240v, but I think the power in the house is frying the AC adapters somehow. If I run a laptop through a transformer, the problem does seem to go away.
Could there be a problem with the whole house wiring? Or maybe it's just one outlet? Not sure where to look, and I need to have an idea before I call an electrician here, otherwise they will rob me blind.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries