Latest Discussions : Painting


04:45PM | 07/01/14
We just bought a beautiful French Revival home built in 1928. I love the dressing room and want to maintain the original look but I need the cabinets and drawers to function and open and close smoothly. I also want the inside of the cabinets to be nicer looking with lots of "modern" organization. Anybody have any suggestions? Is this a job for a painter or for a cabinet person. I am not a fixer upper but I do want to do this right!

Duane, Moderator

10:23PM | 07/02/14
Member Since: 11/14/13
90 lifetime posts
Thanks for your question,
I would recommend that you look for a trim carpenter and or a furniture maker, this will require a hi skill level and knowledge wood working which is not straight forward as standard carpentry.
I would also ask for references as well.


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button