Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous

lyoncoastalhomes

02:25PM | 12/20/06
Member Since: 12/19/06
1 lifetime posts
We just built a home on a wateway in SC. In the Master Bedroom, there is a smell that I can only describe as smeling like sulfur. The room is approx. 20 ft X 20 ft and has a 10 ft X 10 ft sitting room. Inthe sitting room is a vented gas (propane) fireplace. I thought it might be gas-so I called the gas company and the fireplace company. They both say that it is isnt gas, but they smell the odor too. Can anyone point me in a good direction?? Thanks! LBL

Piffin

04:23AM | 12/25/06
Member Since: 11/06/02
1278 lifetime posts
There are certain bacteria that grow in the presence of moisture, heat, oxygen and magnesium ( or was it manganese) that can give off a sulphur like smell.

How that combination might exist in your home is a mystery to me, but check your crawl space for water. maybe you have a spring down there with sulphur water running just below the surface.

Excellence is its own reward!




Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register