helppppp! washer and dryer confused!
There are some combination washer/dryers which only need connecting to a water supply and power. Some things you'll need to look for are:
1. That it is only 120 volts and not 240.
2. That it is a condensing or ventless model so the dryer's exhaust doesn't have to be vented to the outdoors.
There is one model which fits this criteria at the following link. Rollers for it and an attachment to hook up to a regular sink are optional accessories which can be seen at the second link.
LINK > 120 Volt Condensing Washer/Dryer Combo
LINK > Washer/Dryer Combo Accessories
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited July 29, 2003).]
Most of those models have a 240 volt or gas dryer. Is either accessible where you plan to install it?
Plus, do you have a hole in the wall already for the dryer's exhaust to go through or will you be able to make one?
As long as you get a 'condensing' or 'ventless' model, yes.
** when i run a load what do i do just turn on both hot and cold and it figures out the temperature?? **
If you connect it to a single tap, the water temperature will be whatever you've set the taps for. If you only turn on the hot, you will have hot washes and hot rinses. If you only turn on cold, you'll have cold washes and cold rinses. If you turn on both, you'll have warm washes and warm rinses.
In order for the washer to figure it out, the washer would have to be connected to a separate hot and a separate cold water tap (which is unlikely to be available in most apartments).
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited July 31, 2003).]
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects