Our house has no basement, just a crawl space. In a corner room the baseboeard and foor are separating an inch in some places. Also, the center of the room seems to be sinking. There is no inside visible water damage. what could be happening?
I would need to be crawling under the floor to see why. You do have a problem though and you need to get a reputable contractor or a home inspector to determine what the reason and the fix is.
It will be tough for anyone to say what the problem is without being there, but my guess is you have joists which are rotting away or your sill plate is rotting away from where your floor meets it. Either way if you don't know much about either of these you probably won't want to tackle the job. I would hire a contractor and let them tell you what it is and how much.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects