Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


10:15AM | 09/25/02
Member Since: 09/24/02
4 lifetime posts
I just moved into a beach house built in 1927. I'm leasing the property as is, so general repairs and improvements are my responsibility. The ceramic tiles around the kitchen sink are popping off the counter. Water and time have seriously rotted the cement underlayment and grout away. I would like to fix this problem but, I'm not sure what to do about the cement backer!!!! Do I need to remove all the tiles from the entire counter and start over with a new underlayment? Or is it possible to repair just the damaged area of the backer? The original tiles are in good condition and the rest of the counter is too. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


06:17PM | 09/28/02
Member Since: 09/27/02
14 lifetime posts
it really depends on how badly damaged the underlayment is if it is just surface damage you can just remove a few tiles around the damaged area apply a leveler that you can purchase at any hardaware or home improvment store and replace the tiles and grout. good luck

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button