Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


03:42PM | 03/19/03
Member Since: 02/07/03
13 lifetime posts
I have an upper gable on the side of the house that is over the garage. The rest of the house will be brick and I hate to vinyl that one section but brick might be too heavy for that area. I was wondering if I could use a thin brick venner instead of the full sized "over-sized" brick I am using everywhere else.

Question is, how do you apply the thin brick?
Since the thin brick will not support the brick above it, what is the application process? Do you use Durock or osb , metal lathe and then apply the thin brick with regular motar like you would with cultured stone? Thanks

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button