Latest Discussions : Plumbing


07:21AM | 04/03/04
Member Since: 04/02/04
1 lifetime posts
We completely redid the drain piping under the kitchen sink using PVC, but at a critical moment, the doorbell rang repeatedly and insistently, causing us to momentarily abandon the project.

As a result, all parts are no longer perfectly level, and the the first joint/bend under the T where the two drain pipes come together LEAKS!

Is there an alternative to ripping the whole thing out and starting over? Like using some kind of sealant maybe?

Hope you can help!!

plumber Tom

11:20AM | 04/04/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Sealants around a PVC pipe joint are considered temporary fixes, and will eventually leak again. The proper way to do it would be to cut out a straight section, replace the Tee or joint thats leaking and re-glue. You can use a slip coupling when there is not alot of give in the pipe.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button