IMHO the only "jerk" on this string has been the original poster.
1) Its a rental, well, were we supposed to just know that huh?
2) It worked FINE before you messed with the wiring to "clean it up". Notice you didn't indicate what the wiring was (telephone cable, proper HVAC cable, line voltage cable....).
3) Now it doesn't work.
Conclusion: you screwed something up in your efforts to "clean up the wiring". Likely on the air-handler fan relay side, but you might have pulled, broken, pinched, damaged something anywhere in between.
4) Again, its a rental, and you started messing with the wiring. Likely this was the home OWNER's (your landlord's) area of responsibility, and now you've messed something up, messing around in an area where you now indicate you have no knowledge, skill, training in.
5) You display anger, outrage, and become insultive when you are asked to provide even the MOST BASIC information about your situation, AND initially and througout this "conversation" continue to WITHHOLD the most basic of information...Refuse and provide excuses why this information will not be forthcoming, and scowl at the HELPFUL information that was provided to you. You continue to be ambiguous and withholding of even the basic and historical fact set, then start INSULTING those who attempted to assist you.
Contact the property owner and FESS UP to your egregious and erroneous activities. ASK THE LANDLORD WHOM HE/SHE PREFERS work on HIS/HER HVAC system. Call THAT HVAC PROFESSIONAL and make an appointment - BE PREPARED TO PAY FOR THEM TO PROFESSIONALLY DIAGNOSE AND CORRECT the situation that you created. For all you know the property owner may have had a maintenance contract that you might have voided due to your activites - SHAME ON YOU. Finally, stop screwing up someone else's property investment.
Worked fine till you messed with it. Not your property you are a renter - you shouldn't have messed with it in the first place. This latest information says it all, and explains much about just WHO THE JERK here IS.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries