Latest Discussions : Painting


08:01AM | 03/01/08
Member Since: 02/29/08
1 lifetime posts
i have a 4,400 square foot concrete building that i need to paint inside & outside. the inside is mostly drywalled. i want to get a paint sprayer to do the drywall & concrete. is their any rattings on paint sprayers? i am new to do any repairs but want to learn & also start buying & selling houses & do the as much as possible of the repairs myself so i would like to get a paint sprayer that can do all kinds of painting, big or little area or thick or thin coatting for primer & paint. can anyone please help. i am new to even the easy stuff so please explain in great detail please. i can learn to do anything.



01:47PM | 03/01/08
Member Since: 07/28/02
1356 lifetime posts
I will try and help as I sold spray equipment for 30 years.

A spray machine is rated in gallons a minute and gallons planed on being used. The type of painting you are going to do will require a machine that sprays a quarter to a third of a gallon a minute. There are products that require a machine that sprays a gallon a minute but you will not need that hardly ever and you could most likely rent a sprayer to do that if need be.

As far as brands of sprayers I like the Graco 395 and the Titan 440I as they are reliable and will spray all of your regular latex and oil based house paints. If you go and buy a sprayer that cost $300 it will not last very long and they are really throw away machines as they can't be repaired. The Graco and Titan sprayers can be purchased at any Sherwin Williams paint store, and that is where you want to buy your paint and don't go to a big box for these items.

Hope this helps out.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button