Latest Discussions : Flooring & Stairs


12:51PM | 12/18/98
I purchased my home one year ago and now I am starting to notice some sloping on the first floor and the second floors are very bouncy. Who would be the best person to contact about this situation. A contractor, home inspector or someone else??


10:55AM | 12/22/98
If you know some good reputable contractors you could ask their opinion. I would recommend a structural engineer who works with home problems since your description indicates some structural defect. If this is a newer home then it could have been a design problem. On an older home it could also involve insect or water damage. Regardless, please take care of this problem right away to prevent even more damage.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button