Your search for "Pruning shears" returned 416 results
Showing 1 to 20
The Best Pruning Shears Tested in 2023
Keeping a garden and landscape in top shape requires care and maintenance, including regular pruning. Whether you nee...
Bob Vila Radio: Pruning Young Trees
A good way to help your young tree stay healthy is to prune it wisely. The best time to prune a tree is late winter, ...
Bob Vila Radio: Radical Hedge Pruning
Hedges make great privacy screens, and they’re certainly friendlier than stockade fences. At some point, though, you ...
Bob Vila Radio: Pruning Azaleas
Late spring is the time to sit back and admire those azaleas as they bloom; azaleas add a veritable explosion of colo...
Bob Vila Radio: Lilac Pruning
If you didn’t prune your lilacs right after they bloomed, you still have a little time left, but don’t delay: Pruning...
The Best Grass Shears Tested in 2023
After careful mowing, the lawn looks nearly perfect. Yet some grassy areas might require spot trimming or edging to a...
The Best Hedge Shears Tested in 2023
Hedge shears—also referred to as manual hedge trimmers—are a critical part of every amateur horticulturist’s arsenal....
The Dos and Don'ts of Pruning a Bush
Shrubs play a vital role in the landscape, serving as decorative borders, living fences, and foundation plantings tha...
The Best Cordless Grass Shears Tested in 2023
Grass shears are a handy landscaping tool for trimming areas that a lawn mower can’t reach. For increased versatility...
The Best Pruning Saws Tested in 2023
Trees and shrubs can boost curb appeal—but not if they’re overgrown or blocking windows. Keeping a landscape tidy req...
The Best Kitchen Shears for Cooking and Utility
Many households have a pair of scissors that lives in the kitchen, but these everyday shears can fall short of the wo...
Pruning Tomato Plants: 6 Mistakes Most First-Time Growers Make
Tomatoes are America’s favorite garden “vegetable” to grow. Botanically a fruit, the tomato was classified as a veget...
8 Pruning Mistakes to Avoid in Your Plant Care Routine
A good sign of a healthy plant is growth, but keeping a plant healthy often requires pruning or trimming. Although bo...
How to Sharpen Loppers—and Why You Should
Unlike garden shears, which are similar to scissors in design, loppers are designed for use with both hands, which al...
How To: Prune a Tree
Sometimes a homeowner prunes a tree for aesthetic reasons, trying to keep the landscaping neat and tidy. Other times,...
How to Prune Lilacs
When considering how to prune lilacs, keep in mind that those shrubs reportedly flower better on newer wood, so you c...
13 Products That Make Gardening Easier on Your Body
Gardening season is upon us, and while that comes with all kinds of incredible physical and emotional benefits, it ca...
Solved! When is the Best Time to Trim Trees for Proper Maintenance?
Q: I have several trees on my property that are looking a little overgrown and could use some shaping, but I don't wa...
15 Things To Buy Now for Fall Before They Sell Out
Summer is slowly coming to an end, which means fall is right around the corner. A beautiful season of transition, aut...
6 Ways to Keep Cut Flowers Fresh Longer
Science says flowers make us happy, and who can argue with that? Multiple research studies, including a seminal study...
- 10 (Totally) Unexpected Uses for a Shed
- Curb Appeal: Garage Doors Make All the Difference!
- 8 Storage Spots You're Not Taking Advantage Of (Yet)
- The Easiest Way to Make Your Home Worth More
- 50 Genius Products for Quick Fixes at Home
- Don't Make These 8 Mistakes in Your Front Yard
- 15 Plants Never to Grow in Your Yard
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- Let It Go: 14 Things to Trash Without Thinking Twice
- 16 Home Improvements That Are Best Not to DIY
- Cheap Thrills: 15 Favorite Amazon Buys for Under $5
- 11 Homes Built to Survive the End of the World
- 20 Kitchen Trends You Might Regret
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 25 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Things You Didn't Know Coca-Cola Can Do
- 10 Things a Burglar Doesn't Want You to Know
- Slash Your Electric Bill with 11 Savvy Hacks
- 25 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements