- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Kitchen Remodel > Episode 6: Tying Floor Slabs and Building a Partition
Framing a Partition Wall
Project: Kitchen Remodel, Episode 6, Part 2
Bob and contractor Ed Weller take on the tricky process of tying together the old and new floor slabs. Work begins on the new family room partition that will take the unique shape of a banana leaf. To make sure the new space stays cool, an HVAC unit and roof insulation are installed.
- Part 1: Pouring a Concrete Floor
- Part 2: Framing a Partition Wall
- As part of a Miami kitchen renovation, Bob helps frame a partition wall that will resemble a banana leaf. The crowning pieces have been pre-cut and are ready for installation.
- Part 3: HVAC System for the Home Addition
This project features the remodeling and expansion of the kitchen and family room of a 15-year-old suburban Miami tract house. Innovative and fun projects include walls built using insulated concrete forms, stucco application, and glass block walls.
ALL EPISODES IN KITCHEN REMODEL