- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 5: Assembling a Modular Home
Modular Home Delivery Day Overview
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 5, Part 5
Before being hoisted into position, each box is unwrapped and additional prep work is done. Once the final preparations are complete, the crane operator deftly arranges each box into position.
Dave Boniello and Pat Fricchione from Simplex join Bob on location to tour the house as it comes together, providing additional insight into the process of assembling a modular home.
General Contractor Michael Shiels is also on site to give us a progress report on the assembly process, as well as a briefing on the next steps.
- Part 1: Modular Home Delivery
- Part 2: Tying Together a Modular Home
- Part 3: Installation of the Modular Home's Second Floor
- Part 4: Preparing the Site for Modular Home Delivery
- Part 5: Modular Home Delivery Day Overview
- Over the course of one day on-site, all the major pieces are in place, and work on the roof and exterior has begun. To cap the structure with a roof, the triangular end pieces for the peak of the gable roof are attached, and the two hinged roof sides are unfolded and joined.
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT