- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 5: Assembling a Modular Home
Installation of the Modular Home's Second Floor
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 5, Part 3
Before being hoisted into position, each box is unwrapped and additional prep work is done. Once the final preparations are complete, the crane operator deftly arranges each box into position.
Dave Boniello and Pat Fricchione from Simplex join Bob on location to tour the house as it comes together, providing additional insight into the process of assembling a modular home.
General Contractor Michael Shiels is also on site to give us a progress report on the assembly process, as well as a briefing on the next steps.
- Part 1: Modular Home Delivery
- Part 2: Tying Together a Modular Home
- Part 3: Installation of the Modular Home's Second Floor
- Once the pieces for the second floor of the modular home have been delivered, Bob points out the complexity of a particular piece with dormers and a gable roof.
The modern modular home can be suited to the homeowner's taste. Here, the second floor has an exterior egress, which will eventually permit the owner to walk out onto a small terrace.
- Part 4: Preparing the Site for Modular Home Delivery
- Part 5: Modular Home Delivery Day Overview
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT