- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modular Mountain Retreat > Episode 7: Panelized Cedar Shingles, a Metal Roof, and The Mount
Tour of Edith Wharton's Mansion Retreat, The Mount
Project: Modular Mountain Retreat, Episode 7, Part 3
Kevin Corcoran from Eglert gives Bob the rundown on the benefits of this environmentally friendly, maintenance-free product. Local roofing contractor Al Smith details the installation process. And finally, Bob visits The Mount in Lenox, MA, the one-time home of author Edith Wharton.
- Part 1: Cedar Shake Shingles and Clapboard Siding
- Part 2: Installing the Metal Roof
- Part 3: Tour of Edith Wharton's Mansion Retreat, The Mount
- Bob visit the Berkshire retreat of Edith Wharton, The Mount, situated in Lenox, Massachusetts. Wharton's most famous tome is from 1897-- The Decoration of Houses was the inspiration for the field of modern interior design.
- Part 4: Metal Roof Installation Using Crimping
The house goes down the assembly line from framing, through wiring and plumbing, all the way to the installation of flooring and priming for paint.
The house is trucked to its pre-fabricated foundations on the lot, and start all the finishing touches that will prove that a modular house doesn't have to be a cookie-cutter affair.
ALL EPISODES IN MODULAR MOUNTAIN RETREAT