- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 11: Interior Door Installation and Plan Modifications
Installing Interior Window Casings and Sill
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 11, Part 4
Upstairs, Bob Ryley is hard at work in the master bedroom, beginning with a door installation leading into the master bathroom. Jim Daniels from Woodport is on hand to discuss the features of the door with Bob. Finally, Ryley works on trimming out the doorframe and windows.
- Part 1: Custom Home Design Using Computer Software
- Part 2: Hanging an Engineered Wood Six-Panel Door
- Part 3: Shimming, Centering, and Hanging a Door
- Part 4: Installing Interior Window Casings and Sill
- Bob Ryley tackles window trim in the master bedroom of the new Colonial. He begins with the windowsill, which is pre-drilled through its leading edge and then secured with 10-penny nails. The first side casing is nailed into place, leaving a 3/16-inch reveal along the window jamb. The top casing is nailed and glued to insure that the boards don't move.
After the remaining side casing is hung, the bottom apron is attached. Finally, precut corner return pieces are glued onto the apron to complete the job. The entire assembly will be painted later.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL