- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 18: Interior Decorating Tour
Lyman Estate Tour
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 18, Part 3
Bob catches up on the work taking place inside the modern Colonial house. First, Vila and Gary Prevedini from Andersen talk about the features of the windows in the great room, and painter John Fish gives Bob a little \primer\" on proper painting techniques . Interior designer Leslie Curtis is on site to tour the house and explain the different color ideas she has for each room. (Use BobVila.com's Paint Designer for more help on choosing interior paint colors.) Finally
- Part 1: Working With Pre-Finished Windows
- Part 2: Interior Painting Preparation
- Part 3: Lyman Estate Tour
- Interior Designer Leslie Curtis takes Bob on a tour of the Lyman Estate in Waltham, MA. Curtis has chosen many items for the house from The Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities (SPNEA) licensing program.
Carol Bruce from SPNEA joins them to talk about the furniture selections that will be used in the project house. Among the pieces is a demi-lune table for the foyer, chosen for its light weight and dark, earth tones.
Curtis and Bruce also show Bob the leatherbound wingback chair for the great room, as well as a tufted leather chair that will be used in the study. For the master bedroom, Leslie has chosen a Federal-style high-post bed, and Bruce shows them an authentic reproduction from the 1800s. Also on display is an original 18th century high chest, as well as a repr oduction of an original mahogany dresser.
- Part 4: Decorating the Master Bedroom
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL