- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 19: Workshops and Woodworking
Locksmithing at the North Bennet Street School
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 19, Part 3
In Wilmington, DE, Bob tours the historic Dominy Workshop at Winterthur, An American Country Estate founded by Henry Francis du Pont. The museum curator Greg Landry shows Bob their display of pre-industrial tools.
Back in Massachusetts Bob tours The North Bennet Street School in Boston and visits the locksmithing classroom. At the project house, Ryley is installing the Baldwin locksets on the front door.
- Part 1: Building Planter Boxes
- Part 2: The Dominy Workshop at Winterthur Garden
- Part 3: Locksmithing at the North Bennet Street School
- At Boston's North Bennet Street School, Bob visits the locksmithing classroom. The school's program is structured around both classroom work and apprenticeships, with students in class in the morning and working during the afternoons. Instructor Dave Troiano gives Bob a quick overview of the different skills the students learn, such as the control of computer-operated key cutters and creating master key systems.
- Part 4: Door Lock Installation
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL