- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 22: Interior Craftwork
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 22, Part 1
- Part 1: Wall Stenciling
- Decorator Leslie Curtis joins Bob in the modern Colonial project house parlor to discuss the room's wall treatments. In lieu of wallpaper, stencils are used to add a decorative touch to the interior walls, a decorating solution borrowed directly from early 19th-century America.
Artist Ken Forcier is on location to demonstrate the stenciling process, showing how the stencil patterns are laid out and applied to the wall before paint is brushed on.
Bob takes a turn at the brush, applying paint to one of the laser-cut Mylar stencils supplied by MB Historic Decor.
- Part 2: Tour the Tappahannock Room at Winterthur
- Part 3: Touring the Blackwell Parlor at Winterthur
- Part 4: Wall Stenciling, Continued
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL