- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 25: Appliance Installation and Furniture Making
Installing Plumbing Loop and Fixtures for Multiple-Head Shower
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 25, Part 2
Bob takes a quick look at the completed murals and stencils from MB Historic Decor. Plus, plumbing contractor Dave DuVerger is on location to install the washer and dryer and the shower hardware. Bob Ryley is also on-site, installing a new Robern medicine cabinet in one of the upstairs bathrooms.
Bob visits the North Bennet Street School in Boston to learn more about decorative arts and the school's furniture-making program. Back at the project house, North Bennet student and furniture maker Thomas MacDonald is in the workshop demonstrating how he creates furniture details.
- Part 1: Moving Appliances Without Damaging Wood Floors
- Part 2: Installing Plumbing Loop and Fixtures for Multiple-Head Shower
- Bob tours the master bath with an eye towards the luxury appointments, including the double vanity fixtures, granite countertop, and Wellborn cabinets.
Plumber Dave DuVerger is installing a trim package to finish off the spacious shower. The shower features three showerheads in a nearly six-by-six foot enclosure. To supply enough water pressure, these are built on a plumbing loop with a 3/4-inch supply line.
- Part 3: Furniture Making at the North Bennet Street School
- Part 4: Hand-Carving a Mahogany Drawer Front
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL