- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Manhattan Remodel and Cape Cod Affordable > Episode 17: Kitchens, Feng Shui, and Energy Star Homes
Reviewing the Kitchen and Layout of the Ranch-Style Home
Project: Manhattan Remodel and Cape Cod Affordable, Episode 17, Part 2
- Part 1: Installing Permex Shutters, Viewing the Open Floor Plan, and Meeting the Affordable Home Buyers
- Part 2: Reviewing the Kitchen and Layout of the Ranch-Style Home
- Bob meets plumber Charlie Delvecchio of Cape Plumbing at the ranch-style affordable home in Mashpee, Massachusetts. Delvecchio shows Bob the Moen single lever, pull-out spray faucet that he has installed. Bob then meets the homeowner, Kim Brown, and discusses her choice of layout and finishes. Brown chose the single-floor, open layout because it eliminates stairs and worries with a young child. The kitchen is complete and the black Kenmore appliances have been installed. They are a nice complement to the light, Maple beadboard cupboards and soapstone-look counters. Brown then shows Bob the laundry center complete with high-efficiency Whirlpool washer and dryer. They are elevated to make for easy loading and storage, and use up to 67 percent less water and energy than standard laundry appliances.
- Part 3: Installing Wall-to-Wall Carpet, Building an Energy Star Certified Home, and Saving Electricity and Protecting Electronics in the Home
- Part 4: Feng Shui for the Home
At the same time, Bob works with a Cape Cod developer to apply Massachusetts land use statute 40B to create affordable housing, and a neighborhood of homes in Mashpee, MA. These Energy Star certified homes show how quality building practices and reasonable asking prices can work together to provide livable, affordable homes and neighborhoods to those who work in our communities.
ALL EPISODES IN MANHATTAN REMODEL AND CAPE COD AFFORDABLE