- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 8: Finish Trim and Cabinet Installation
Trimming Out Bathroom Windows
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 8, Part 3
Next, it's off to Cobb Hill again, where Bob and general contractor Mark Albee tour the interior of one of finished units checking out the high performance windows and other energy efficient features.
Back on site, carpenter Bob Ryley is installing window trim in the master bathroom as well as cherry vanity cabinets from Crown Point.
- Part 1: Building the Fireplace
- Part 2: Reviewing Energy Efficient Products in the Home
- Part 3: Trimming Out Bathroom Windows
- Bob checks in with Ryley who is trimming out the two windows over the vanity in the first floor master bath. The interior designer suggested that the two windows be trimmed out as one unit. To attach the broad 3 1/2 inch sill Ryley biscuits it and then screws it into the sill. The apron receives a 15 degree angled cut on each end. Ryley supports it with deadmen and then uses a nail gun to attach it. The window casing allows for a 1/4 inch reveal all around and then the header finishes the trim.
- Part 4: Crown Point Bathroom Cabinets Installation
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE