- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 8: Finish Trim and Cabinet Installation
Crown Point Bathroom Cabinets Installation
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 8, Part 4
Next, it's off to Cobb Hill again, where Bob and general contractor Mark Albee tour the interior of one of finished units checking out the high performance windows and other energy efficient features.
Back on site, carpenter Bob Ryley is installing window trim in the master bathroom as well as cherry vanity cabinets from Crown Point.
- Part 1: Building the Fireplace
- Part 2: Reviewing Energy Efficient Products in the Home
- Part 3: Trimming Out Bathroom Windows
- Part 4: Crown Point Bathroom Cabinets Installation
- Ryley installs the built-in vanity from Crown Point Cabinetry in the downstairs master bath. The first step is to attach the three cabinet units together. Ryley uses a cabinet clamp to draw the stiles together and hold the faces flush, while he screws the stiles together. He attaches spacer blocks at the back of the cabinets to solidify the unit.
Next, Ryley measures the location of the holes for the lavatory waste pipes, then drills the holes with a hole cutter. After, having marked the studs, he attaches the unit to the wall with three-inch screws.
Bob admires the satin finish of the cherry doors and the chrome hinges, so appropriate for a bathroom, that come on and off easily with a Phillips head screwdriver. He also notes the drawers' dovetail construction and bottom-mount sliders.
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE