- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 11: Kitchen Update and Bathroom Tile Installation
Convection Oven Installation
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 11, Part 1
In the bathroom, beautiful Shaw is being used. Offsite, Bob tours the Sumner Mansion in Hartland, VT with Professor Tom Visser, to learn more about historic Vermont Federal-style homes.
- Part 1: Convection Oven Installation
- Bob joins electrician Larry Dana in the Vermont farmhouse kitchen, as he installs the Kenmore Elite 30 self-cleaning convection oven. The oven requires a 220 high-voltage current-- it will be delivering a high degree of heat. Bob underscores that, as a rule of thumb, you should always connect your ground wires first.
Next, Larry connects the neutral wire, saving the potentially hot wire for last. Rather than putting the junction box back in the wall after connecting the wires, Larry leaves it floating behind the unit to facilitate servicing later on, if it becomes necessary.
In addition to the aesthetics, another advantage of the flush controls on these newly designed appliances is that, without the clutter of toggle switches and buttons, they are a lot easier to read and to keep clean.
- Part 2: Installing the Dishwasher, Sink, and Garbage Disposal
- Part 3: Antique Brick Work at the Burtch-Udall House and Sumner Mansion
- Part 4: Reviewing the Bathroom Tile and Fixtures
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE