- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 5: Roof Work and Lighting
HVAC System Installation
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 5, Part 1
At the main house, Charlie Tomaszewski and crew are making repairs to the decorative dentilation, as well as working on the shingles and a new gutter system. Inside, electrician Barry Driscoll is putting in new recessed light fixtures from Lightolier.
- Part 1: HVAC System Installation
- Bob joins Paul Costello and Lou Mazzini in the barn to discuss the SpacePak high-velocity hydro-air HVAC system that's being installed in both the house and barn. The system will provide heating and cooling.
In the winter, a boiler delivers hot water to coils, over which air is drawn. This heated air rises and is distributed at high velocity through plenum ducts.
Cooling is accomplished by the same system, only the air passes over different coils that are cooled by refrigerants from 5-ton American Standard condensers situated behind the building.
Domestic hot water will be provided by a very efficient indirect hot water system. The SpacePak system is particularly well-suited to restoration/renovation projects where space for ductwork is at a premium.
- Part 2: Installing Architectural Shingles and Skylight
- Part 3: Installing Recessed Lighting Fixtures
- Part 4: Decorative Trim and Removing or Repairing Old Shingles
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION