- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 7: Barn Insulation, Video Wiring, and a New Balcony
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 7, Part 4
- Part 1: Blowing In Cellulose Insulation
- Part 2: Discussing the Air Conditioning System & Breezeway Design
- Part 3: Structured Wiring Installation
- Part 4: Blown-In Insulation
- Bob meets again with insulation contractor Joe Sheridan. In the main house, Cocoon insulation is being blown into the original plaster walls. To accomplish this, Joe's crew has drilled holes every 16 inches, reaching every stud cavity. First, they apply the insulation to the bottom portion and fill until solid. Then they move on to the upper portion.
The installers' goal is to create maximum density in the cavities, to leave no air pockets. When the insulation process is complete, a plasterer will patch each hole individually.
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION