- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 8: Blueboard Installation, Landscaping, and a New Garage Door
Installing Drywall with Wallboard and Taped Joints
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 8, Part 3
- Part 1: Drywall vs. Blueboard Explained
- Part 2: Trellis and Lattice Fencing & Workshop Tour
- Part 3: Installing Drywall with Wallboard and Taped Joints
- Bill Reid (from US Gypsum) guides a crew that's installing drywall. This is a traditional installation with drywall wallboard and taped joints. Before hanging the boards, the crew takes some measurements, so that they can avoid putting a ripped piece in the center. If they installed the drywall with an eight-inch piece in the center, it would create a weak spot on the board between studs. The screw spacing on drywall should be 16 inches on center. The installer uses a roto-zip to make cut-outs. Once in place, the wall is ready for tape and joint compound.
- Part 4: Garage Door Installation
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION