- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 9: Work on the Driveway and Finishing the Deck
Replacing the Barn Door
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 9, Part 4
- Part 1: Building the Backyard Deck
- Part 2: Working With Unilock Tumbled Concrete Pavers
- Part 3: Patching With Plaster
- Part 4: Replacing the Barn Door
- The old barn doors are replaced with an oversized (9' x 10') door from KML Industries in Canada. It's made from Ponderosa Pine and thermal-insulating glass.
Since the existing wall is way out of plumb, the crew plumbed the existing frame with pressure treated 2 x 4s. The door will keep flush with the inside, so that, when the door swings, it'll swing open all the way, not hitting the jamb.
The door has twin panels of glass, four raised panels on the bottom, and glass side-lights.
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION