- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 12: Cabinets, Countertops, and Closets
Discussing Silestone Countertops and Countertop Templating
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 12, Part 2
- Part 1: Installing the Kitchen Cabinets
- Part 2: Discussing Silestone Countertops and Countertop Templating
- Dick Deshant (from Counter Intelligence) tells Bob about the new Silestone countertops. Silestone has the best qualities of granite, without the same required maintenance. In fact, Silestone is maintenance-free. 93% of the material's composition is quartz. The Italian creators of Silestone have engineered a method of extracting quartz and combining it with polymers and pigment for cohesion and coloration. The end result is a maintenance-free countertop. There are close to 40 color choices, some of them incorporating a sparkling effect. Silestone comes with a 10-year warranty and is stain-resistant, because of its density and lack of pores. It is scratch resistant to the point that you will dull your knives cutting on it, and it is heat resistant enough to withstand a hot pot coming directly off the stove. If there does happen to be a mar or chip in your Silestone, it can be repaired using a product that is standard in the industry. Next, Brece Rupolt (from Northern Marble & Granite) meets with Bob to discuss the traditional method of creating countertop templates. Paul Hansen (from E-Template) joins to demonstrate how a template can be made electronically.
- Part 3: Installing Custom Closets
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION