- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 13: Final House Tour
Master Bathroom Tour, Sauna Installation, and Window Blinds
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 13, Part 3
In the main house, Bob talks to Markus Earley about the lighting design in the dining area, and tours the new kitchen, before meeting with Tim Woods (from Internet Home Alliance) to talk about the "connected home" features that have been added.
- Part 1: Tour of the Home's Exterior, Lighting Design, and Completed Kitchen
- Part 2: Interlocking Beech Flooring, Anti-Static Carpeting, and the Media Room
- Part 3: Master Bathroom Tour, Sauna Installation, and Window Blinds
- Bob tours the master bathroom, where general contractor Charlie Tomaszewski is putting in some finishing touches. The two look at the custom-finished Merillat cabinets, and the Shoji screens, which separate the bathroom and closet. The screens feature durable PVC sheer panels that mimic the look of traditional rice paper, but are not prone to easy damage. In the tub area, Bob points out the new Kohler Sok tub, with its cascading water and limestone surround, and the glass block wall.
In the master bedroom, Bob notes the antique-style Regency ceiling fan and how it matches the home's original time period. In the hall, Bob opens up the laundry closet, housing a new Energy Star-compliant Kenmore Calypso washer and dryer.
Next, Bob discusses the new Finlandia sauna being installed in the basement. He also discusses the window treatment in the front child's bedroom with Dave Wahtera, who has installed Graber's new Crystal Pleat child-safe blinds.
There are no cords on these blinds, eliminating the possibility of cord-related accidents. Instead, a rubber pulley system at the top allows the blinds to be pulled up or down. The blinds also feature a specially-insulated washable polyester fabric, ideal for a child's room.
- Part 4: Review of the Home Office Electronics
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION