- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 1: Habitat for Humanity Project Begins
Review of the Project Plans
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 1, Part 2
Back on site, Bob Ryley talks about the pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. Dennis Hardman of the Engineered Wood Association, one of the project's primary sponsors, points out a number of the engineered wood products being utilized in the build.
Next, Bob visits a Habitat community in Phoenix, AZ to learn a bit more about the organization. And Finally, Bob joins with the architect of the Yonkers project house, Ed Binkley, together with Jim Killoran (from Habitat for Humanity), to discuss the plans.
- Part 1: Habitat for Humanity's Blitz Build in Yonkers, NY
- Part 2: Laying Precast Foundation System and Discussing Engineered Wood
- Part 3: Review of the Project Plans
- Bob visits Chris Wolf in Phoenix, Arizona to tour a Habitat for Humanity community and learn more about the organization. Back on site, Bob meets with Jim Kilorian, President of Habitat for Humanity in Westchester County and Ed Binkley, the architect who won the design competition, which determined what building plans would be used. Together, the three men look over, and discuss, the plans for the project house.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY