- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 6: Installing Garage Doors and Skylight
Discussing the Home Automation System
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 6, Part 3
First up, Kent Forsland (from Designer Doors) talks to Bob about the new custom-made garage doors being installed-- a sturdy cedar product, designed to be weather-resistant. Next, Bob joins Kevin Kalman (from Andersen) to install a skylight above the family room. And on the first floor, HAI wiring is being put in. The wiring allows automated control over various aspects of the household (heating and cooling, appliances, security, and so on).
- Part 1: Installing Custom Garage Doors
- Part 2: Installing Andersen Skylights
- Part 3: Discussing the Home Automation System
- Bob meets with Tom Morgan (from Home Automation) to view and discuss the "brain" of the home automation system. Next, Bob checks in with the wiring contractor to learn about how the house has been wired.
Bob Vila heads to the Low Country: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Steeped in tradition, this historic suburb of Charleston is the scene, not only of a remarkable new home, but of a remarkable transformation in suburban living at the developing community of I'On.
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE