- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 2: Appliances and Deck Installed
Installing a Gas Fireplace and Refinishing the Hardwood Floor
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 2, Part 3
In addition to a granite countertop, new Whirlpool appliances are installed. Other new features in the kitchen include Shrock cabinets, a Vermont Castings gas stove, and lighting design (from Markus Earley) that depends on Restoration-style fixtures from Rejuvenation Lamp & Fixture Co. Outside, contractor Brian Wiggin completes the new deck.
- Part 1: Installing a Granite Countertop and Kitchen Cabinets
- Part 2: Mahogany Deck and Kitchen Appliances
- Part 3: Installing a Gas Fireplace and Refinishing the Hardwood Floor
- Joe Murphy installs a direct vent gas-driven fireplace (from Vermont Castings), demonstrating how the direct vent uses outside air for combustion. Howard Brickman is marrying the antique floor with the new reclaimed floor. The focus is on sanding, before Brickman applies a water-based finish by Bonatech, which is used with a Bonatech sealer. The sealer and finish protect the floors and are abrasion- and water-resistant.
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD