- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 2: Appliances and Deck Installed
Mahogany Deck and Kitchen Appliances
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 2, Part 2
In addition to a granite countertop, new Whirlpool appliances are installed. Other new features in the kitchen include Shrock cabinets, a Vermont Castings gas stove, and lighting design (from Markus Earley) that depends on Restoration-style fixtures from Rejuvenation Lamp & Fixture Co. Outside, contractor Brian Wiggin completes the new deck.
- Part 1: Installing a Granite Countertop and Kitchen Cabinets
- Part 2: Mahogany Deck and Kitchen Appliances
- The plumber is installing a Kohler toilet in the new half-bath. The homeowner, Luke, and some helpers are cooperating to install French doors that will open onto the small deck.
The deck is a traditional structure composed of pressure-treated lumber and four-by-four posts set on concrete footings. In the kitchen, installers put in new Whirlpool appliances.
Lighting designer Marcus Early has employed fixtures from the Rejuvenation Lamp and Fixture Company and other sources. For instance, the ambient light is provided by Belfry, and the decorative lights are made of Murano glass by the Laicose Company. Also in use are adjustable pinhole accent lights by Cooper Lighting. Controlling all the lights is a Lightolier handheld remote.
- Part 3: Installing a Gas Fireplace and Refinishing the Hardwood Floor
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD