- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 11: Attic Demolition and Countertops
Installing High-Gloss Laminate Cabinets and Surell Countertops
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 11, Part 3
Bob joins during the demolition process, before new LVLs and windows are installed. Next, a striking new acrylic bathroom wall goes up, followed by plumbing, HVAC work, and floor repair.
Finally, Bob learns about the new Surell countertops that are going in and concludes with a tour of the finished space.
- Part 1: House Ten: Attic Conversion
- Part 2: Installing the Skylight, Acrylic Block Panels, and Cooling System
- Part 3: Installing High-Gloss Laminate Cabinets and Surell Countertops
- Kristin Grand (from American Home Products) shows Bob the European-style cabinetwork-- frameless cabinets from Altercraft. The doors are of a high-pressure laminated material and have a high-gloss finish. A kitchen sink will be cut to fit in the countertop and, underneath, a cut will be made for the microwave. The top is fitted with an "appliance garage" and there is a compact Whirlpool refrigerator on the side.
At the other end of the space is a Surrel counter with a high-gloss finish. And at the gable end of the room, fiber-optic lights have been incorporated into a mural.
- Part 4: Original Art and Contemporary Furnishings in the Finished Space
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD