- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 4: Insulation and Door Installation
Digging the Water Trench and Installing Insulation
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 4, Part 2
Out in the street, trenches are being dug for new water service into each single-family unit, and the inspector is on-site to make sure the job is done right.
Also on-site is Thomas Menino, then Mayor of the City of Boston, who's helping to install the front door of the accessible home on Blue Hill Avenue.
- Part 1: Building Temporary Stairs
- Part 2: Digging the Water Trench and Installing Insulation
- An excavation specialist, working under the oversight of a city inspector, digs the trench for new water service to the accessible home. Inside, contractors are at work installing six-inch fiberglass sidewall insulation, which they seal with a polyethylene moisture barrier.
- Part 3: Neighborhood Redevelopment
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME