- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 8: Installing a Tankless Water Heater
Installing a Tankless Hot Water Heater
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 8, Part 3
After installing a recessed lighting fixture in the Roxbury accessible home, Bob takes a tour of the Lightolier plant in Fall River, MA, where the fixtures are made. Back on site, a tankless water heater is installed. The heater, which is about the size of a suitcase, promises to save the homeowner hundreds in heating bills.
- Part 1: Installing Recessed Lighting
- Part 2: Tour of the Lightolier Manufacturing Plant
- Part 3: Installing a Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Bob watches as a tankless water heater is installed. This heater doesn't store any water, but can supply as much as needed on demand.
Mary Moffroid (from Controlled Energy) goes into depth about the prouct, which produces 117,000 BTUs.
This project follows an urban renewal story, involving grass-roots activism and affordable housing. Bob Vila reports on nine newly built three-bedroom homes, including one with accessibility for people with disabilities.
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME