- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 12: Hardwood Floor Repair and Refinishing
Installing a Wood Kitchen Countertop
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 12, Part 3
The homeowner and architect, Gavin, and the contractor, Cortney, share a few tips for the DIYer repairing hardwood floors and sanding them for refinishing. Bob takes a tour of the Japanese Garden at the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens to get some ideas for the Zen garden the homeowners will be installing. And back on site, Cortney is installing a new alderwood kitchen countertop.
- Part 1: Wood Floor Repair
- Part 2: Touring a Japanese Garden
- Part 3: Installing a Wood Kitchen Countertop
- Bob and carpenter Cortney Lofton install a counter around a new apron-front Kohler sink. The counter is set atop the sink, scribed and marked, then cut to fit. Last, a backsplash is installed.
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW