- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 2: Building the Foundation
Foundation Excavation and Formwork
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 2, Part 1
Bob and contractor Paul Morse check out progress on the Colonial Revival in Newton, MA. Excavation for the new addition is complete, and the foundation is built from start to finish (forming, cement pouring, inspection, still work, and backfilling). Also, Bob takes a special trip to Boston Sand and Gravel to see how cement for the project is produced.
- Part 1: Foundation Excavation and Formwork
- Bob and contractor Paul Morse review the excavations and formwork for the foundation.
- Part 2: Tour of Boston Sand and Gravel
- Part 3: Home Foundation Inspection
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM