- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 3: Framing Partitions
Architectural Details and Framing
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 3, Part 1
Homeowner Linda Gallagher takes Bob through the newly framed first floor, while carpenters relocate a window upstairs in order to make way for the new master bathroom. Bob explains the start-to-finish partition framing on the second floor-- from plans to measuring, cutting, and assembling.
- Part 1: Architectural Details and Framing
- Bob reviews the framing for the new addition. Homeowner Linda points out the corner notches, which add architectural interest. And a large opening punctuates one wall, where two traditional mullion double-hung windows will be.
- Part 2: Removing and Relocating Windows
- Part 3: Putting Up the Second Floor Exterior Wall
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM