- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 3: Framing Partitions
Putting Up the Second Floor Exterior Wall
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 3, Part 3
Homeowner Linda Gallagher takes Bob through the newly framed first floor, while carpenters relocate a window upstairs in order to make way for the new master bathroom. Bob explains the start-to-finish partition framing on the second floor-- from plans to measuring, cutting, and assembling.
- Part 1: Architectural Details and Framing
- Part 2: Removing and Relocating Windows
- Part 3: Putting Up the Second Floor Exterior Wall
- Bob assists the crew installing sidewall on the second floor of the addition.
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM